By uploading a file or other content or by making a comment, you represent and warrant to us that (1) doing so does not violate or infringe anyone else’s rights; and (2) you created the file or other content you are uploading, or otherwise have sufficient intellectual property rights to upload the material consistent with these terms. With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant AlwaysFunny a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to AlwaysFunny pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content AlwaysFunny has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense. Anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it.
USE OF ALWAYSFUNNY CONTENT
By downloading an image or copying other user-generated content (UGC) from AlwaysFunny, you agree that you do not claim any rights to it. The following conditions apply:
- You may use UGC for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You may use UGC for anything that qualifies as fair use under copyright law, for example journalism (news, comment, criticism, etc.), but please include an attribute (“AlwaysFunny” or “courtesy of AlwaysFunny”) next to where it is displayed.
- You may not use UGC for non-journalistic commercial purposes.
- Your use of UGC is at your own risk. ALWAYSFUNNY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, and you will indemnify and hold AlwaysFunny harmless from any copyright infringement claims arising out of your use of the UGC. (See our general disclaimers below.)
You may not copy or use any portions of our site that are not UGC.
NOTICES OF CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (OR OTHER TYPES OF INFRINGEMENT)
If you see anything on our site that you believe infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by sending the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed. IMPORTANT: you must have a registered copyright for the work, or at least have filed with the Copyright Office (http://www.copyright.gov/eco/) an application to register a copyright for the work. DMCA notifications based on unregistered works are not valid.
- Identification of the material on our servers that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed, including the URL or other information to enable us to locate the material.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you as copyright owner, or by your agent, or by law.
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the exclusive copyright right that is allegedly being infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature, or of someone authorized to act on your behalf.
- Instructions on how we may contact you: preferably email, but also address and phone.
Because all DMCA notifications must be based on a work for which the copyright is registered with the Copyright Office (or for which registration has been applied for), and because a high percentage of DMCA takedown notices are not valid, it will speed our investigation of your DMCA notice if you attach to it a copy of your copyright registration, or registration application, for the work.
Use the same procedure for any claimed trademark violations or other infringements. If we receive a DMCA takedown demand for material you posted that we believe constitutes fair use, we will attempt to notify you if we have your contact info; otherwise we are under no obligation to notify you regarding the removal. We reserve the right to refuse to remove any material that in our view constitutes fair use.
The following is not permitted for publishing on AlwaysFunny
- Nudity or sexual content
- Harmful or dangerous acts
- Violent or graphic content
- Hateful content
- Spam, misleading metadata and scams
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time whether or not it infringes or violates any of our policies.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitations of Remedies, Indemnity
AlwaysFunny services are provided on an AS IS – WITH ALL FAULTS basis. Your use of our service is entirely at your own risk. We do not guarantee the availability of our service at any given time, or the reliability of our service when it is running. We do not guarantee the integrity of, or the continued availability of, files on our servers. Whether we make backups, and if so, whether restoration of those backups will be available to you, is at our discretion. ALWAYSFUNNY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE STATED IN THESE TERMS, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER ALWAYSFUNNY TAKES OR DOES NOT TAKE MEASURES TO REMOVE INAPPROPRIATE OR HARMFUL CONTENT FROM ITS SITE, ALWAYSFUNNY HAS NO DUTY TO MONITOR ANY CONTENT ON ITS SITE. ALWAYSFUNNY DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS, OR HARMLESSNESS OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON ALWAYS FUNNY.COM THAT IS NOT PRODUCED BY ALWAYS FUNNY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USER CONTENT, ADVERTISING CONTENT, OR OTHERWISE.
Your sole remedy for the loss of any services and/or of any images or other data you may have stored on AlwaysFunny’s service is to discontinue your use of our service. ALWAYSFUNNY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, ALWAYSFUNNY’S SERVICES, EVEN IF ALWAYSFUNNY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR REASONABLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NO CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF ALWAYFUNNY’S SERVICES MAY BE BROUGHT MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER IT OCCURS.
YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD ALWAYSFUNNY AND ALL OF ITS PERSONNEL HARMLESS FROM ALL LOSS, LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DAMAGES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, YOUR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY’S RIGHTS, AND ANY HARM CAUSED TO ANY THIRD PARTY AS A RESULT OF YOUR UPLOADING OF FILES, COMMENTS, OR ANYTHING ELSE TO OUR SERVERS.
ALwaysFunny may be contacted here.